What is Open on Campus Over Winter Break
November 30, 2020
Students will have access to some on-campus services over the winter break, although hours may be limited. Visit the department's website for additional information and updated hours of operation.
- Campus Rec: Starting Nov.30, students have through Dec. 20 to use the Ram’s Head Rec Center and Dec. 13 to use the rock wall. All campus rec facilities are closed Dec. 20- Jan. 10.
- Campus Health: Campus Health and CAPS are open Nov. 30-Dec. 23 from 8 a.m. -5 p.m. Campus Health and CAPS will be closed Dec. 24-Jan. 3 and will reopen on Jan. 4. After Hours health services via the Health Link and CAPS 24-7 are both available during all times that Campus Health and CAPS are closed.
- Student COVID-19 Testing at the Carolina Union will be available Nov. 30-Dec. 23 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. UNC students, living both on- and off-campus who don't have symptoms, have not been notified of close contact status, and who have not tested positive for COVID in the past 90 days may use this service. Students who have been exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms can get tested at Campus Health Monday – Friday, 9 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 4 pm by requesting an appointment through the Patient Portal or calling 919-966-2281.
- Carolina Union: The Carolina Union will be closed to the public over winter break. Limited hours will resume starting Jan. 13.
- University Libraries: Designated areas in Davis Library and the Health Sciences Library are open for use. Limiting the number of open floors will help housekeeping staff focus on cleaning and sanitizing these areas regularly throughout the day.
- Davis Library is open Nov. 30 – Dec. 20, from Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Carolina Dining Services(CDS): Dining halls are closed, but students can use their meal plans at a variety of other on-campus dining locations during limited weekday hours, such as The Beach, which offers The Beach Grille, Chik-Fil-A and other options. Options for local delivery partners and some on-campus operations are also detailed on the CDS website.
- UNC Student Stores: UNC Student Stores are currently maintaining standard hours, which are 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., during weekdays and 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. on weekends.
Sharing and printing options: