We owe it to each other to be safe when watching — and hopefully celebrating — the UNC-Duke men’s basketball game this Saturday. Help protect your fellow Tar Heels and limit the spread of COVID-19 on campus and in our community by watching the big game this Saturday by gathering virtually or just with the people in your household.
Virtual Contests and Watch Parties
- Beat Duke Trivia Night! – March 3, 6 p.m.
The UNC Carolina Athletics Association and the Carolina Union Activities Board are hosting a trivia night leading up to the UNC vs Duke game. Come test your basketball knowledge for a chance to win prizes including a UNC jersey!
- UNC vs. Duke Virtual Watch Party – March 6, 5:30 p.m.
Watch the game together and enjoy games and activities during commercial breaks and halftime! We will give out a variety of prizes, including a jersey, a signed basketball, sweatshirts and face masks! Hosted by the UNC Residence Hall Association and co-sponsored by UNC Athletics.
Gameday Fun for Locals
- Buy licensed gear at UNC Student Stores or a downtown retailer, so you can show your true colors.
- Order takeout from a downtown restaurant that you can munch on while you watch the game at home.
Make Your Virtual Celebration Fun
- Our Healthy Heels team shares fun tips and ways to reduce risk while watching the game on their blog.
- Decorate your space with Carolina blue and make themed snacks. Maybe these UNC Dipped Sugar Cookies?
- Start a group text with your friends or engage on Twitter, Reddit, or another online community space while you watch.
- Get psyched by watching UNC-Duke game highlights from years past. We pulled a few for you here.
- Want some background music or a half-time dance party? Check out our UNC-Duke Game Hype Playlist on Spotify.
Share Your Story
How are you are festively and safely watching the UNC-Duke game? Share on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #BeatDukeBeatCOVID.
Don’t forget that attending or hosting large gatherings and rushing Franklin Street not only expose you and others to the virus, but also violate the University’s COVID-19 Community Standards, as well as state and local gathering ordinances.
COVID-19 does not take a timeout for basketball games, and neither should you. No matter where you are watching the game, remember to follow the three Ws – WEAR a mask, WAIT six feet apart, and WASH your hands.
Let’s Go Heels! And #BeatDukeBeatCOVID!