Information about purchasing software or equipment.
Student Affairs IT
Student Affairs IT (SAIT) provides technology solutions and support for the 17 departments in Student Affairs to facilitate Fostering Student Learning and Success. We collaborate with our fellow Student Affairs professionals to evolve their strategic technology use and application as a shared responsibility to provide effective and efficient services to our students. SAIT partners with ITS and other groups across campus and the community, to keep up with emerging trends and best practices.
Website and Custom Application Support & Services
Visit help.unc.edu to submit a ticket or to view documentation and FAQs for most common services. Each department also has dedicated staff for managing Access Requests. Although application and website collaboration is managed through our Project and Task Management system, any technology related issue can be reported through the ITS Service Desk.
Student Affairs staff should submit a Help Request via help.unc.edu to request new projects. In the ticket say "Please forward to Student Affairs IT." The Student Affairs Leadership Team (SALT) acts as an advisory board for all project requests when resources are limited. SALT evaluates requests and recommends priorities to SAIT.
IT support requests should begin with the ITS Service Desk. If they are unable to resolve your issue they will send it to SAIT.
Project and Task Management
Custom applications and website support require ongoing collaboration between SAIT and designated departmental staff. To collaborate with staff, SAIT uses a project and task management tool called Redmine.
Instructions for Creating Task Requests
- Visit saitprojects.unc.edu
- Click on Projects and select a project.
- Click New Issue
- Enter a Title
- Enter a Description including relevant URLs (links)
- Attach files as needed
- Assign the task to someone in the 'Assigned to' select list
- You can configure the account settings to receive emails for selected project updates
- Tasks can be assigned between people for feedback
- When a task is completed, change the Status to Completed or Resolved
- Visit links in the top menu for My page or Stuff To Do to see tasks assigned to you