Here you can find resources related to Assessment within Student Affairs.
Student Affairs Assessment
Student Affairs offers opportunities that support student learning and success commensurate with the broader scope and goals of the University. Student Affairs is committed to implementing assessment to determine how our efforts are meeting students’ developmental needs, to monitor progress towards unit level, divisional, and institutional goals, as well as to inform strategic planning. Through the shared practice of assessment, we demonstrate who we are, what we value, expectations for our students and Student Affairs, and our contributions to the fulfillment of the University’s mission.
Student Affairs Core Assessment Plan
Student Affairs has adopted a Core Assessment Plan. The plan emphasizes 4 assessment priorities and 2 broad metrics. The following priorities and metrics align with key initiatives outlined in Carolina Next and support the priorities defined by Student Affairs strategic plan. When feasible, utilize Core Assessment Survey Items to measure your department's and/or program's impact in alignment with core assessment priorities. See the Core Assessment Survey Items link below.
1. To contribute to the achievement of the University’s academic mission through the delivery of co-curricular learning opportunities focused on the development of knowledge, skills and dispositions. (Learning Outcomes)
2. To impact student success through the delivery of services focused on wellbeing, resiliency and retention. (Learning Support)
3. To build and sustain campus environments characterized by inclusivity, belonging and engagement. (Learning Environment)
4. To implement operational processes efficiently and effectively. (Operational Excellence)
1. Student Engagement (See Related Files below for instructions on how to pull program/event attendance from Zoom) For face-to-face programs and/or events, please "create an event" in Heel Life, and use the attendance link that is generated to track student engagement.
2. Departmental Outreach
Assessment efforts across Student Affairs should align with the Core Assessment Plan. Core assessment ensures a minimum level of engagement with assessment to demonstrate the key ways our Division contributes to student success and the achievement of institutional and organizational missions. While this framework provides actionable data, it is not designed to fully inform decision-making. When appropriate, units should implement additional assessment of program specific learning outcomes.