Student Affairs communications and marketing support and internal and external communications in alignment with the Student Affairs mission and strategy. We engage with University Communications and serve as liaisons among departments within Student Affairs and with units across UNC-Chapel Hill to promote the work of Student Affairs among key stakeholders.
Communications and marketing work with Student Affairs staff to understand your communications needs and to help with your projects. Through conversations, brainstorming, strategic planning and implementation, we help to share your key messages to the right audiences across multiple platforms. We provide brand management, communication planning, media relations, content development and other editorial services, social media marketing, and we can help connect you with design services, photographic and video services and other marketing.
Help Us Help You
- Contact us. Don’t assume we already know.
- If you receive a media request, refer them to the communications team.
- If you are presenting to an external audience that may have media present, let us know so we can be prepared.
- We help ensure that Student Affairs branding and presentations are consistent and in alignment with the strategic mission of the division. If you are presenting to a major external audience, including, but not limited to, the UNC Board of Trustees, UNC Board of Governors or UNC Board of Visitors, let us know so we can support your messaging and presentation design. We have a PowerPoint template to help get you started.
- Let us know when you’re doing something interesting or if you have other news. We are always looking for good news to share!
- Call us back. When we receive a request from the media, or need information for a communications project, we may reach out to you. Your prompt reply is very much appreciated as we try to maintain good relationships with the media and keep our marketing materials up to date.
- Copy us. When you share news of your project or unit, consider copying us on e-mails, so we can help amplify as well.
For more information or for assistance, contact Elizabeth Poindexter, executive director of communications and special projects, at [email protected].