Mental Health Colloquium Recap
Heels Care Network held a Mental Health Colloquium on Sept. 14 to kick off a Mental Health Seminar series.
Supporting Various Identities, Cultural Awareness, and Mental Health
On Sept. 14th, 150 students, faculty, and staff attended Heels Care Network's Mental Health Colloquium. We would like to extend special thanks to the presenters and facilitators who inspired powerful discussions on identity, mental health, well-being, and community engagement from a trauma-informed perspective.
- Practicing Cultural Awareness and Humility, presented by Leah Cox, Vice Provost for Equity and Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer
- Trauma-Informed Engagement in the Community, presented by April Parker, Clinical Assistant Professor in the School of Social Work
- Mental Health and Identity Breakout Sessions
- Mental Health in Latinx Communities – faciliated by Theresa Flores, MSW, LCSW
- Mental Health in Asian Communities – faciliated by Misha Mohan, Psy.D.
- Mental Health in Black Communities – facilitated by Sophia Davis, MSW, LCSW and Faye Hobgood, MSW, LCSW
- Mental Health in American Indian Communities – faciliated by Alicia Freeman, LCMHC, LCAS-A
- Mental Health in LGTBIQ Communities – faciliated by Terri Phoenix, PhD
- Mental Health and People with Disabilities – faciliated by Simon Bloor, MAEd, PGDip, PGCert
If you missed this event, you can watch a recording of the presentations on the Healthy Heels YouTube channel.
Upcoming Mental Health Seminars
Ready for more? Mark your calendars for the next two mental health seminars:
It’s OK to Pause - Facilitated by Crystal Schiller, Ph.D.
Tuesday, Oct. 11, noon – 1:30 p.m.
Register on Zoom
Explore theories and mindful practices on taking a pause in your life in this seminar.
Understanding Emotions and How to Talk about Them - Facilitated by Rachel Rifkin, LCSW
Wednesday, Nov. 16, noon – 1:30 p.m.
Register on Zoom
Learn more about your emotions and how to communicate about them in this seminar.
Hope to see you there!