The mission of the professional learning program within Student Affairs at UNC -Chapel Hill is to improve and sustain professional and personal growth of employees through learning opportunities that support the division’s strategic goals. We do this by focusing on knowledge and skills that ultimately improve service to students, student learning, and student success.
Goals of the Student Affairs Professional Learning Program
- To provide targeted opportunities for professional learning to strengthen employee skill set/knowledge base/career path.
- To strengthen efforts in the areas of employee morale, health & wellness, retention, and recruitment.
- To have the professional learning program support the strategic goals of Student Affairs.
- To utilize existing meeting venues/structures/connections to engage in professional learning activities.
- To encourage the use of professional learning plans.
- To engage the broad leadership of Student Affairs in the professional learning program.